What a huge win for Robert Kraft.
Kraft and his lawyers have been fighting like hell to make sure the video that was made of him and dozens of others stayed out of the public for many reasons, and on Monday, Kraft scored a major win for his case and his sanity.
“A judge has granted Robert Kraft’s motion to suppress video evidence in his solicitation of prostitution case, according to multiple reports.
Investigators have said they have video evidence of the New England Patriots owner receiving sexual acts for money. Those videos, which will remain sealed, were a key form of evidence in the state’s case against Kraft. Without those videos out of the mix, Kraft’s attorney could file a motion to dismiss the charges based on lack of evidence, according to ESPN’s Jeff Quinn.”
A Florida judge ruled today that the video of Patriots’ owner Robert Kraft from inside a spa cannot be used because it was obtained illegally. A win for Kraft.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 13, 2019
Expect Kraft's attorneys to file a motion to dismiss based on lack of evidence, probably tomorrow. The state can either dismiss charges, appeal the decision or take it to court. But so far they haven't cited any evidence other than the video surveillance.
— T.J. Quinn (@TJQuinnESPN) May 13, 2019
Of the two times Kraft was said to have visited the spa was the same day as the AFC Championship between the New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs. He allegedly paid for oral sex hours before flying off to watch the Pats clinch a spot in the Super Bowl.
“I am truly sorry,” Kraft wrote in a statement days after the case was brought to light. “I know I have hurt and disappointed my family, my close friends, my co-workers, our fan and many others who rightfully hold me to a higher standard.”